Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013: the year that was

Jump.  And the universe will catch you.
2013 will go down in my books as THE year of spontaneity. And adventure. And being broke. And taking risks. And taking chances. And making more friends. And of love. Love of the ocean. Love of self. Love of life. And perhaps, that kind of love where we share our heart and soul to another.
 
Truth is, this was a journey that had started unexpectedly; forcibly if you want to be technical about it. And if it weren't for that fateful night, I wouldn't be where I am now.
 
Ah, the fates. Those fickle things. Sometimes you hate it, sometimes you don't. Sometimes, you wonder if there is a thing such as a "free world" where everything happens in your control. That kind of world where everything happens calculatedly. A kind of life where there are no ruined plans. No lost time. No frustrations. But life would be kind of boring if it weren't due to that magic I like to call fate. Especially during those "perfect moments". Being at the right place at the right time. The perfect spot. The perfect wave. The perfect instant. The perfect person. For me, it is simply magic.
 
Of course, 2013 wasn't just a year of hits, it also had its share of misses, but took those as a integral part of my life and my growth. The biggest thing I've learned in my life so far is that everything that happens to us happens to teach us a lesson. May our hearts and our souls be always be open to learn the lessons that life gives us.
 
Letting go was also a very important part of my 2013. I'm still a long shot of perfecting the art of letting go, but so far, it has done me wonders. When I had began to learn how to let go of hate, negativity, and those things in my life that had no longer served me purpose, my heart and soul became more open to accept the wonderful things from the universe. And in the end of this year, I also will start a new beginning, to something that is familiar but entirely new, because I will look at it with a different view and a new perspective.
 
And so, as 2013 ends and 2014 begins with a dazzling display of fireworks and greetings of more love and happiness for the coming year ahead, I'm going to take a moment to look back at all the things that has happened to me so far. So far it has been crazy. So far it had been awesome. So far it has been wonderful. So far. After all, if 2013 was a good year, I wonder what 2014 will bring.
 
And like I say every January 1st, in the words of Gossip Girl: cheers to another wild and wicked year ahead.
xoxoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment